Friday, May 6, 2016

Feature & Follow #27 Favorite Genre in Books


Feature and Follow is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. It is where we, book bloggers, can meet new people and gain followers as well!

-o-

This week's prompt:
What is (are) your favorite genre(s) in books?

I can say that I'm quite a wide reader. I read from a lot of genres, from contemporary, fantasy, mystery to political and memoirs- both YA and Adult. And I have favorite books from each genre. But my most favorite, I think, is HISTORICAL FICTION. I especially enjoy reading those set in the 19th century and early 20th century.

I guess it's because during those times there were a lot of movement- in the society, politics, economy, healthcare, etc. I find it really interesting to read about the dynamics of people's lives during those times. And one can learn a lot about humanity, especially during the difficult times.

So yes, Historical Fiction. :) How about you? What is/are your favorite genre(s)?

10 comments:

  1. I love historical fiction too! Happy Friday! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like historical fiction, but my absolute favorite is Contemporary Romance books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read a number of genres too, and I also enjoy historical fiction for all the reasons you mentioned. Thanks for sharing! Old bloglovin' follower. :-)

    My FF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like you, I like a wide variety of genres! Historical fiction is very near the top of my list! Bloglovin' follower! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are the second one today to say this! I love Romantic Suspense :) I was never able to get into the Historical Fiction.. and that saddens me because some amazing sounding books are in this genre!

    My FF
    Peyton @A Bookish Mess

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually haven't read too many Historical Fiction books. I feel like I need to find the right one to spark my interests and knowing me I'd never stop. Any recommendations that are good for a HF beginner?
    New GFC follower!
    My FF
    -Nic @ A read-aholic

    ReplyDelete
  7. Historical Fiction is my go-to genre as well, although I'm not sure I could narrow it down to a certain time period -- there are too many to choose from. Old Bloglovin' follower.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like a good historical fiction or historical romance as well. I recently read America's First Daughter by Laura Kamoie and Stephanie Dray, and it was fabulous. New follower via GFC and G+.
    Bambi's #FF

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would say my top favorite genre is YA paranormal, but Regency Romance comes in pretty close behind that. Followed via GFC & Bloglovin. My Feature & Follow post

    ReplyDelete