Why I Blog

Blogshorthand for weblog, which means a "a web site on which someone writes about personal opinions, activities, and experiences" (Merriam-Webster).

Over the past years, blogging has been a popular hobby, part-time job, and a full-time career even. Through blogging, people from across the globe connected and shared ideas, knowledge and experiences. The boom of internet and social media made blogging more acceptable, accessible and fun. There are a lot of tutorials and tips for those who want to start a blog, and a number of blog post ideas for a wide variety of categories.

People have their own reasons why they blog. And for this post, I want to share with you folks the reason why I blog, specifically book blog.

Just a brief background, I started my first blog in 2008. That was a personal blog which evolved into a fashion/beauty blog. I deleted it in 2013 because while I still appreciate fashion and beauty posts, I don't think being a fashion/beauty/lifestyle blogger is for me. That requires a lot of social and PR skills which I don't 100% have. Plus, I just don't have the time to think about my outfits and do outfit posts, etc. That requires a lot of effort and time.

In October 2013, I started this blog (Moments in Life, then) as, again, a personal blog. Later on, I decided to turn it into a book blog and changed the name to One Page at a Time. Why? Mainly and simply because I love books and reading.


Reading books has been one of my comforts during stressful times, i.e. school. Back then, I binge read during school breaks, those late-at-nights-until-morning book-fest, and researching and buying a lot of books. Of course, that changed when I got busier, but in general, reading makes me feel better.

I started rambling about the books I read and those I want to read, thus the birth of my book blog. So yes, I blog to share- share my love for books, share my thoughts about them, share my passion for reading.

My blog is an outlet for my bookish thoughts and feels. I also made new acquaintances and friends because of book blogging. And folks, the bookish community of this blogging world is very friendly and welcoming.

Book blogging can be quite tedious at times, but what's important is that I enjoy what I'm doing. Book blogging, in my opinion, requires passion and dedication. I don't really blog for money (though that would be seriously nice). I blog for fun and sole sake of sharing my love for books and reading. And that, for me, is enough.

-o-

How about you folks? Do you have a blog? Why do you blog? Share your thoughts. 😊