An Invaluable Literary Collection

As a certified book lover and advocate of reading, I dream of having my own library. A roomful of shelves and books where I can sit around, relax, read and just enjoy the company of books.

I believe that most book lovers, if not all, dream of having in their collection literary pieces by famous authors and personalities, that have become the foundation of literature and art.

Invaluable.com, a premier online auction marketplace, carries quite a selection of antique books and literary collectibles that I am sure every book lovers would love to have.

Here are the few lots I have found while browsing their site.



Beautiful, beautiful covers. I think they would look really great in shelves.



These too. Classic, beautiful and Shakespeare. You really can't go wrong with that. :)



I've always wanted an antique Bible. And look at the cover! :)



I'm a fan of George Orwell, so I'd love to have early editions of his works. :)





The lot contains the other books in the trilogy. :)



I haven't actually read The Princess Bride, but I've heard a lot of good reviews.

-o-
While at it, I also browsed other categories and found these beautiful book-related things.

I love owls!

Lot 26640P: Bird Cage Bookends



Just thinking about my own library with these classic, beautiful pieces makes my heart flutter. *sigh* :)

-o-

Aside from the above pieces, I would also love to have the following in my dream literary collection:

  • First or early editions of C.S. Lewis' works
  • First edition hardbacks of the Harry Potter series
  • First or early editions of George Orwell's works
  • First or early editions of Jane Austen's novels
  • First or early editions of Grimm's fairy tales
  • Vintage Penguin books


And a lot more to be honest. Haha! Aaah! Someday, someday, I'll have my own beautiful library.

-o-

That's all folks!

Don't forget to visit Invaluable. I'm positive you'll find beautiful, invaluable lots to add to your literary collection.





Disclaimer: I was asked by Invaluable.com to write a blog post about those books I want to have in my literary collection. All photos are taken from Invaluable.com.