Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday #15: A Thousand Nights

Happy Wednesday folks!


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme where we will showcase that one book we can't wait to hit the market!

-o-

Title: A Thousand Nights
Author: E.K. Johnston
Publication Details: October 22nd 2015 by Macmillan Children's Books
Genre: Fantasy, Fairy tale retelling, YA

Lo-Melkhiin killed three hundred girls before he came to my village, looking for a wife. When Lo-Melkhiin - a formidable king - arrives at her desert home, she knows that he will take her beautiful sister for a wife. Desperate to save her sister from certain death, she makes the ultimate sacrifice - leaving home and family behind to live with a fearful man. But it seems that a strange magic flows between her and Lo-Melkhiin, and night after night, she survives. Finding power in storytelling, the words she speaks are given strange life of their own. Little things, at first: a dress from home, a vision of her sister. But she dreams of bigger, more terrible magic: power enough to save a king ...if only she can stop her heart from falling for a monster.

Set against a harsh desert backdrop, A Thousand Nights by E K Johnston is an evocative tale of love, mystery and magic that would not feel out of place if Scheherazade herself were telling it. And perhaps she is... (Source: Goodreads.)

-o-

Aside from its beautiful cover, the synopsis sounds interesting and intriguing. I haven't read the original One Thousand and One Nights, but this sounds like something I would enjoy reading. :)

-o-

How about you folks?

7 comments:

  1. Oh yeah, I've been seeing this cover too, I think there's a retelling of this book, nevertheless, great pick! :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pick! This one does sound really good. I prefer this cover to the US one. :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the cover. :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Oh I hadn't seen this pretty cover for Thousand Nights before! Beautiful! I'm excited to read this one, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty cover yes! :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. The U.S version of this cover is soo pretty! I read this book recently and it was okay, I'd say The Wrath and the Dawn is a better re-telling of 1001 night, I hope you enjoy this book though :)
    Your new GFC follower,
    Cody @ Literary-ly Obsessed

    ReplyDelete