Friday, May 8, 2015

Feature & Folllow #9: What to Read?

Hi folks!


Feature and Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. It is where we, book bloggers, can meet new people and gain followers as well!

-o-

This week's question is suggested by So Many Books, So Little Time.

How do you decide what books to read?

I used to plan the books I will read. But more often than not, I don't get to follow my reading plan. I am also a mood reader so I just read whatever genre I'm in the mood for. Haha!

When it comes to ARCs and review books, now these, I really have to schedule. I usually read a review book 1-2 weeks before its release, so I have time to gather my thoughts and write a review. :)

When an author is coming here in the Philippines and I haven't read his/her books yet, I read his/her books weeks, a month, sometimes a day before the event. Haha! I make sure to read the books prior to the signing event because some people can't help but spoil things. Haha!

-o-

That's all folks!
What is your reading plan/schedule?

Have a nice day!

16 comments:

  1. I hardly ever schedule the books I read; I just go with my mood too haha!

    Have a great weekend :)

    New follower via Bloglovin'
    Fathomless Reveries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so much easier, right? Haha! Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. I'm definitely a mood reader too, but this year I'm participating in an assigned reading challenge for which I've scheduled which books to read through December! :)

    New Bloglovin' follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's nice and productive (reading-wise). Haha!
      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  3. I'm a mood reader after I finish my ARCs. :) New follower via Bloglovin'. http://angreads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ARCs sometimes come first for me too. :)
      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  4. I always ask my sister what new book she is reading and go from there.
    At the moment I am working on promoting my own book I don't get time to read as much
    New Follower :)
    http://pavankaur83.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck on your book! :)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. I'm a sucker for a pretty cover, but I try to fit my mood reading around my ARCs, too :) New follower on Bloglovin'

    Claire @ Book Blog Bird

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can be a sucker for pretty covers too! But looks can be deceiving. Haha!
      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  6. LOL planning a book to read was my style -- more than 5 years ago and now im a mood reader.

    Btw, I also live in the Phils... cool to have found you! :) new follower!

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! It's always nice to meet fellow Filipino bloggers! :)
      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  7. Every week I make a "plan" as to what I will be reading the follow week, I'm lucky if I stick to half the books each week :)
    Old follower, hope your having a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just gave up on making lists of my to-reads. Haha!
      Thanks for stopping by! Have a great week too! :)

      Delete
  8. I'm a total mood reader, too! I think I'm actually going to start declining ARCs for a while. I'm in a YA and NA contemporary romance phase, but all the ARCs I have are fantasies and I am just not interested. I can't even read a few pages without being bored out of my mind. Uh oh! Lol!


    Here's my FF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A break is good, from time to time. :) I'm reading a lot of fantasies lately so I kind of want to read from other genres too. :)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete