Saturday, May 9, 2015

Bookish Thoughts and Feels #3: Bookish Pet Peeves



Hi folks!

Welcome to another Bookish Thoughts and Feels post!

Today, I would like to share with you my bookish pet peeves. Though I love reading and books, there are still a few things that put me off.

1. Love triangles!

There are a few well-played love triangles. But I will most likely not read a book if it has a love triangle. I especially do not like if the main character develops a feeling to love interest #2, when he/she is still with love interest #1. Or when the main character is still with love interest #1 but started “noticing” love interest #2 because the main and love interest #1 are kind of "not in good terms". Do you get me here, folks? Haha! Seriously, love triangles need to stop!


2. Different covers/height of books in a series.

I do like my covers to match. They look very pretty in shelves, don’t you think? If books are cheaper, I wouldn't mind the difference because I can repurchase. But nope! Books aren't cheap at all.

Uniformity is important. Well, at least in this case. Haha!



3. Completely irrational characters.

I do not like characters who act based solely on emotions. I will most likely find them annoying. A balanced play of rationality and irrationality is the key both in books and in reality. Okay? Haha!

4. Spoilers!

I don’t like spoilers because they can affect my reading experience. If I accidentally hear a spoiler about a book I’m yet to read, I will most likely not read it anymore. So yeah, no spoilers.

5. Folded pages/cover!

This doesn't bother me as much as the rest. But a folded or creased page/cover is something I do not want to happen, especially to my favorite books. I take good care of my belongings, you know. Haha!


-o-

That’s all folks!

What are your bookish pet peeves?




12 comments:

  1. I really don't like love triangle either they are annoying, and people who read books and fold the corner to remember where they are in the book, just buy a book mark please
    http://pavankaur83.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Or if they do not have a bookmark any piece of paper will do. :)

      Delete
  2. Folded down pages?!!! Oh, the humanity. I hate that! Fun post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't bother me as much as the others but I still don't like it. Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  3. Great post. I’m not a big fan of love triangles, either. Luckily, I haven’t been seeing as many of them as there used to be. A few years ago, it seemed like every YA book had a love triangle.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there aren't as many of them as before. Thank goodness! :) Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  4. Awesome haul this week.

    I hope you enjoy! Happy Reading :)

    Heres my Weekly wrap up

    Michelle @ Book Briefs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The books aren't new hauls. Haha! But thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  5. Yes! All of these are my pet peeves! I have to say I loved Shatter Me, though! Lol!! (:


    Pearl @ AsteriskPearl's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not that I hate the Shatter Me trilogy, but there are few things that really put me off. Haha!
      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  6. Ugh, I'm with you on love triangles. I have read some good ones but, even so, I think the book would be better without the love triangle. And I've read so many annoying ones that ruin a book for me! I'm just tired of it. Let's have a romance where the person isn't going back and forth between two people with opposite personalities. It's so overdone and old!

    Vicarious Caytastrophe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete