Saturday, July 12, 2014

Stacking the Shelves #2 + Journal Supplies Haul

Hi folks!
stackingtheshelves

Stacking The Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews. It is all about sharing the books one is adding to his or her shelf, may it be a physical copy, a soft copy, purchased, gifted or borrowed!

-o-
Just a small haul for this week! :)


Bought these books yesterday (Friday) at the NBS Warehouse Sale in Recto and at Book Sale, U.N. Branch


Private by James Patterson. I bought only one book at the Warehouse Sale because most of what they carry are textbooks. This will be my first James Patterson. And I didn't know that this one's part of a series. Uh oh! Haha!

Now these I bought from Booksale, U.N. Branch:


Life As We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer


Where Things Come Back by John Corey Whaley

  
And... Life Application Bible Studies: 1 & 2 Thessalonians/ Philemon. I'm gonna use this for Sunday School lessons. :)

-o-

I also bought some journaling stuff at the Warehouse Sale:


All in all, I only spent less than PhP 500 (or around $11-12) :)

The books I bought are not on my list. But yeah, I couldn't help myself. Hopefully my next haul will be at the Manila International Book Fair because I really have to save money.

-o-

That's all folks!
Happy reading!

23 comments:

  1. I also bought a Patterson book because it was on sale. Sometimes I tend to buy books without checking if they are part of a series! Uh oh.. I was addicted to buying notepads before, but now I live for small notebooks :)

    ~ Dre @ Sporadic Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably we should do our research first before buying books. Haha!

      Delete
  2. I actually picked up "Private" a week ago at a book sale. I've had mixed reactions to his books. Some are great. Some are bad. Some need a better editor (length people!). Happy reading!


    Tsuki’s STS

    ReplyDelete
  3. James Patterson is a mix to me. I either love it work or hate it. Great haul, hope you enjoy all your new reads!

    Amber @ The Book Bratz
    My Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy your new reads too! Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  4. When Things Come Back looks so good! I hope you enjoy all you got :)

    Here's my STS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover actually got me that's why I bought this. :)

      Delete
  5. Nice haul, lol poor you. I think you can read some of the James Patterson's book as stand a lones. But I'm not sure, I stay away from very long series ^_^

    My new pretties :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to stay away from long series too. But ugh! I should research first before buying books. Haha!

      Delete
  6. I have recently picked up Life as We knew It and Where Things Come Back as well, though I have not read either of them yet. I have not read anything by James Patterson yet either, though I do own one of his YA books now. Happy reading!

    New follower via GFC

    Tiffany
    Beneath the Jacket Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following! I followed you too. :) Enjoy your new reads! :)

      Delete
  7. I really want to read Life as we knew it! Enjoy :)

    My STS

    ~Rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The blurb is really interesting that's why I picked it up. Enjoy your new books! :)

      Delete
  8. My first James Patterson was Confessions of A Murder Suspect, you should check them out (2nd's Private School Murders) when you can because they are amazing. :) Happy reading (and journaling)!

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I will probably check them out very soon! :)

      Delete
  9. I love JP! Enjoy your new books!
    Come and check out OUT's STS

    And dont forget to enter the giveaways!

    Leydy from OUAT & RCE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hopefully I will love JP too. :) Happy reading!

      Delete
  10. Where Things Come Back is a bit slow, but it is so amazing! I love the cover!
    -Scott Reads It!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the heads up? Haha! Yes, I love the cover too. :)

      Delete
  11. I love the cover of Where Things Come Back. It's so pretty and interesting. :) My STS is here. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love the cover too. That's my primary reason for buying it. Haha! :)

      Delete
  12. New follower via GFC. You got some good titles! Hope you enjoy them :)
    Here's my STS
    Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete

Book Stop Project: A Pop-up Library