NBS Book Signing Events

Wah! I want to attend these two book signing events by National Bookstore! 

On January 18, it will be Gayle Forman, author of If I Stay, Where She Went, Just One Day and Just One Year. =) I read all of them except Where She Went (but I will, soon!).

Just One Day and Just One Year are among my favorite books. The story of Willem and "Lulu" is not just a love story. It is also a story of rediscovering themselves- finding out who they really are, what they want to do, and where they belong. And of course, the two books involved a lot of travelling (Paris!), thus while reading I was also transported to other places. =)

If I Stay... I started this book two or three times (X years ago!) but I only finished it last month. Haha! For me the book is about making decisions- for others and for oneself. For oneself: When Mia almost gave up, I understood that her soul was ready to go, that she was happy to go. She made a decision for herself, not thinking about others. 

For others: Mia did not give up. After her revival, she was able to find reason(s) to keep on living. No matter how painful and lonely life is going to be, she still chose to stay. =)


Okay, on February 22, it will be Mitch Albom. Among his works, I already read Tuesdays with Morrie, Have A Little Faith, For One More Day, and The Time Keeper. There is only one word to describe his works: Inspiring. =)

I still do not have a copy of The First Phone Call from Heaven (Huhu! No money!). But hopefully by January makabili na 'ko.



I really really want to attend these events. No exams on those dates please! =)